10 February 2014

Do you know how much I love you?

Yes Vintage Spice is a business.
Yes Vintage Spice provides me and my family with a source of income.
No Vintage Spice is not just a job.
I don't work 9-5 (it's more like 7pm-3am with little bits done during the day) I don't get the same pay check every week and I can't call a guy when I don't know what to do.



Vintage Spice is a part of my life and a part of my families life, you may have seen my husband at markets maybe even my daughter. My father-in-law made my amazing displays that make it so easy for you to see my products. My mum watches my daughter when I go away for markets and fairs and my niece has even helped me at a few markets.



So do you know how much I love you..... I don't think you do. Every smile when you see my products, that comment to your friend that what I make is really pretty, that you wish you had a girl you could buy things for because they are so lovely. All of these little things even if you don't make a purchase means the world to me.



My customers who have worn things to weddings, special occasions and even babies coming home from the hospital with a little Vintage Spice headband on. These are all moments that you will treasure with photos to remember them by and something I made with the same hands that are typing this got to be apart of that. It's actually really overwhelming to me, while I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous to everyone else! I make hair clips for crying out loud!!! The fact that I get to bring joy to other people through doing something I love makes it all so worth it!



When I first started this business almost 2 years ago I had no idea what I was doing, how I was going to do it or where it was going to lead but I am here! I'm still in business, our products have grown, our brand has evolved and our customers (and my family) have come along for the ride. I would not have been able to do this without your support. I put a lot of pressure on myself to succeed, to provide you with products that you will love, that will last at a price that makes them accessible to everyone.

Do you think I make a lot of money by selling a person one $2 hair clip-no I don't, but if that little girl or women or toy poodle walks down the street feeling awesome with their new bow in their hair it is so worth it!!



So I guess this is my long winded, way too emotional thank you for all of your support and love that you show me! Remember this business is me, I write the blogs, I make the products, I do the website stuff, email you answering your questions, talk to you at markets and posts silly pictures on Facebook. If you want to purchase from a handmade business you are looking at it! Even our bags are handmade using a stamp we brought from another small business and bags purchased 2 hours away from our house because it was the best deal!



I love it when you share your photos of you wearing your clips, or walking up the aisle carrying a bouquet I spent 35 hours making. I love it when you comment on blog posts and Facebook photos and I love getting to know you as people.



Thank you for bringing joy into my life by admiring what I create and I hope I have brought some to yours too, even if it was with a headband!


Robin x






1 comment:

  1. A lot of people forget that there is a Person behind a Business. Always good to see someone real!

    ReplyDelete