8 February 2013

{Photographer Feature} Amanda Ritchie Photography


This weeks featured photographer is Amanda Ritchie Photography.



Amanda is based in New Plymouth and specializes in capturing all of life's precious memories. See below our interview with Amanda.


Q.How did you get into photography? 

A. I have always loved taking photos, it started when I was just a little girl and got to borrow a camera from my mum and dad to go on a school trip (there was no digital back in those days but I won’t say too much without giving my age away). I recall the absolute THRILL of collecting my prints from the lab and seeing the images come alive on photographic paper. From that day on I was hooked.


Q. Tell us about your history as a photographer.

A. Three years ago I attended some formal training under the wing of a master photographer in town. After achieving Gold for my work in the beginner level and then again Gold in the advanced level, I finally plucked up the courage to explore photographing other people’s families. 


Then thanks to the wonder that is social media (mostly Facebook) I was able to set up a “business page” to show off my work and thus Amanda Ritchie Photography was created as a part time business for me 2 years ago.  Thanks to the internet and wonderful clients who have referred all their friends on to me, I now work full time on my photography and it has just grown beyond my wildest dreams.
      


Q. What is your top tip for brides when choosing their photographer?

A. Ask your photographer if they have back up gear and what they can do for you under bad weather circumstances – are they prepared for bad lighting??




It has been a pleasure featuring Amanda Ritchie Photography on our blog, we have really enjoyed browsing through her beautiful images! 


Find more of Amanda's work on their Facebook page or Website.
You can email Amanda on amanda@amandaritchie.co.nz


A big thank you to Amanda for letting us use these beautiful images on our blog!

Robin xx





1 comment:

  1. Oh Amanda you are a beautiful Photographer and you inspire me so much! xx Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete