6 January 2013

Goodbye to 2012

So yes this post is a little late it is the 6th of January but this year has been so busy already!!
 

The year that was......

 
2012 was huge for me, first I said a HUGE Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter who turned 1 in March, how fast does that first year go!!
We had an amazing Tea Party Themed birthday for her complete with High Tea for the adults.
 
Then in April I finally tied the knot with my partner of 5 years, after deciding to get married in January we had very little planning time so the next 3 months consisted of a lot of late nights crafting as I made most things for our wedding including bouquets for myself and my 6 Bridesmaids and Flower Girls.
 
My bouquet along with my daughters who was our smallest Flower girl at 13 months, the day was filled with great family and friends, truly a day I will never forget!
 
 
 
June saw the launch of the Vintage Spice Facebook page, after thinking about for a couple of weeks I finally made it live!
Having a back round in Pharmacy and Retail I had a small amount of business knowledge but nothing that could really prepare me for owning my own small business and everything that comes with it.
Yes I knew it was going to be hard work but I had visions of being able to stay at home, work in my PJ's and watch the business roll in!
With no business plan, limited funds, and next to no computer knowledge I set to take over the world!
 
I spent the next few months trying to market my business, set up a website and get the word out about what I was doing.
 I also launched more products into our range with headbands, bows, clips, earrings and brooches.
 
 
 
In October I decided to start doing some markets to get the word out locally and get my business seen! I started with a small community market and I was blown away by the support I received even with my limited amount of product.
 
I came away from that market learning so much about my products, how to display them, how much stock I should have and how truly unprepared I was, such a great learning experience!
 
Many more markets followed with growing success, I then booked Martinborough Fair and The Grand Wedding Show in Auckland for 2013.
 
I had always hoped but never really thought that Vintage Spice would take off in the way that it has and suddenly felt quite overwhelmed by the amount of success and also the work ahead of me, I am also a mum of an almost 2 year and have a husband who does want to actually see me occasionally!
 
Needless to say 2012 was somewhat of a big blur, and so has the last 6 days of 2013 which is set to be even busier with Martinborough Fair in February and March and then up to the big smoke of Auckland in April for my biggest showcase yet The Grand Wedding Expo!
 
I look forward to what this year has ahead of me I know it will be filled with late nights, hard work, great rewards, awesome people, and amazing opportunities!
 
Here's to 2013!!
 
Robin xx
 
Other places you can find us....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment