24 March 2014

Let's do something cool!

Hey lovelies,

Some of you may have seen over on our sister blog Crazy Mother Crafter I have a passion and believe we all have a responsibility to give back in to the world what we have been lucky enough to receive.
So I have been thinking (as I seem to do after midnight most of the time) that I would like to do something and I would love to get you guys involved to because I truly believe to make our world a better place we have to do something about it, and let's face it helping people feels good! 


Even a small act of generosity or kindness can make a real difference to one persons life.

Sooooo here is what I am offering you and it isn't going to cost you any money! 

All you have to do is bring in a can of food or a non-perishable food item to my table at this Fridays village night market at the library between 5pm and 9pm and I will give you a free mini bow of your choice! 
All food items will be donated to the Palmerston North food bank.

I only have 3 conditions...

1. All food must have a reasonable expiry date so no short dated products please we want to give the food bank enough time to get the food distributed and eaten before it expires
2. There is a limit of 1 mini bow per person (bring in 1 cans get 1 bow) so there are enough bows for everyone.
3. All food must be non-perishable (canned goods, packaged snack bars, pasta sauce, UHT milk or milk powder) please no food that must be kept in the fridge or goes bad quickly (dairy products, meat, eggs, bread, fresh fruit and veg)

Now I only have a limited amount of bows, not because I want to give away a certain number but just because I can only make so many between now and then with these two hands of mine. So you will have to get in early to avoid disappointment.
This promotion is only valid for this Friday's night market. 

When I was a girl guide many years ago we volunteered at the food bank sorting station when they had their big food drive appeal. It has stuck with me ever since, no matter a persons situation everyone needs a hand sometimes whether it be some food to tie them over for the week or a ear to listen to if they are having a hard time. 

I am not receiving any compensation, payment or advertising in exchange for this promotion. I am not using this as a tax write off nor do I have any other motive besides giving back.

So just to make this clear I am not making any money from this. I am not affiliated with the food bank in any way. I will not be raising my prices on other products to compensate loss of income. 

I hope you will stop by this Friday night and bring a couple of cans of baked beans with you! 


Love 
Robin x

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea Robin! Keep us updated with how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Robin. I know it will go well for you.

    ReplyDelete