10 February 2013

A grand celebration!

I got a call last week to attend a family celebration, a retirement party of all things.

My Aunty, well my husbands Aunty if we are being particular finally decided to finish work and spend time doing what she wants to do! She hadn't been told about the get together so was very surprised and and touched that we'd all come to celebrate with her.

It was a fabulous celebration for a beautiful lady who we love dearly, one of my favorite parts was her cake, now usually it would have something 'funny' on it about being over the hill or something about being old but this one has got to be the most beautiful retirement cake I had ever seen. On the cake simply said "Its time to stop and smell the roses"

This really resonated with me, at the moment I have been a rather stressed out person always thinking of a million things about what is going to happen and thinking less about what is happening right now. I know we all do it but then I thought when it comes my time to retire will I look back remembering all if the beautiful things that happened or will I just remember how stressed out I was?

Right now I'm sitting at our beach house while my husband and daughter are having an afternoon nap thinking I might do the same instead if worrying about the fact I left my work stuff behind so have missed out in 2 days work time. Sod it ill worry about that tomorrow!


Robin xx


No comments:

Post a Comment